Dog & Dog Lover Edition
The holidays are upon us and finding the pawfect gift for your furry friend or animal lover has never been easier with this 2019 holiday gift guide! I’ve highlighted some of my (and Ruby’s) favorite brands and I guarantee there’s something for everyone, whether they’re high-tech, into fashion, or health conscious.
- LinkAKC – This smart collar gives pet owners 100% piece of mind. It has a GPS tracker built in that tells you your dogs location via the app, it tracks daily activity to ensure your pet is getting enough exercise and it even turns into a flashlight for dark evening walks. Ruby has had this collar since she was a puppy and wears it at all times, especially when we want to let her stretch her legs at the beach.
- Furbo – I joke that Ruby and I are very emotionally dependent on one another and if you’d agree then you need Furbo to keep a close eye on your bestie when you’re not home. Bonus: You can toss treats and talk to your furry friend via the app.
- iFetch – If your dog is fetch obsessed then this is the gift for them. We have the launcher that goes up to 30 feet, but we typically stick with 10 feet indoors. The hardest part is getting your dog acquainted with the device and allowing you to step away from play time.
- The Foggy Dog – One of my Bay Area favs, The Foggy Dog, has the cutest dog accessories from leashes, collars and bows to beds and toys. My absolute favorite is their fashionable waste bag holders.
- Rebel Dawg – If you love durable, fashionable, and fun dog tags, this east coast accessories brand is for you.
- Clive & Bacon – Another California favorite and a one-woman (and husband) show that work out of their house. I’ve been a fan of Clive & Bacon for awhile and each season Tina keeps knocking her designs out of the park. I basically spent a paycheck on her holiday line this year.
- Rororiri – Based in San Francisco (have you noticed the trend? We love local businesses!) Rororiri designs high fashion and quality accessories for your pup. These pieces are elegant and timeless and perfect items to really spoil your fashionista with.
- Lucy & Co. – A brand with a mission that’s easy to get behind. Lucy & Co. knows dogs are more likely to get adopted when they look their best and show off their personalities. Each year they donate hundreds of bandanas and leashes to animal shelters and rescue organizations that share in the belief that dogs are deserving. To top it off, their accessories are stylish and high-quality.
- Stella & Chewy’s – Ruby is a SUPER picky eater. We struggled when she was a puppy to get her to eat all her meals each day and would resort to giving additives to entice her. Once we found Stella & Chewy’s she was much happier with the freeze-dried alternative for meals and snacks. She loves all their treat varieties and we have a full pantry to prove it.
- Nom Nom Now – Fresh food pre-packaged and delivered straight to your door. Could it get any easier? I joke that Ruby eats better than I do most days and that’s 100% because she eats Nom Nom Now for breakfast and dinner. I love that I know exactly what I’m feeding her and that she actually gets excited for meal time.
- Little L’s – We discovered Little L’s all meat crunchy brittle at Rororiri’s shop and Ruby gobbles these tasty treats right up. With no preservatives, additives, glycerine or by-products, this brittle is a great alternative to your everyday jerky.
- Bark – You know Bark and their quirky treats and unique toys. Get your special friend some seasonal gifts or the gift that keeps giving with a subscription to BarkBox.
- Zippy Paws – Quite possibly the cutest toy collections for dogs. Rue is obsessed with their interactive burrow toys and I guarantee we have one for every holiday. I’m excited to dig into their advent calendar this season.
- P.L.A.Y Pet Lifestyle and You – Fun and durable dog toys for every lifestyle and holiday. Their hot chocolate toy is personal favorite of Rue’s this time each year.
- Chewy – Just think Amazon for pets. I can almost always find what I’m looking for at Chewy.com. I love the fast shipping/delivery and recently got excited about completing Rue’s holiday Lamb Chop collection.
- Clive & Bacon – I love C&B so much I had to mention them twice. They not only have accessories for your furry friend, but for you too!
- Ripley & Rue – This spunky dog mom (owns a red Ruby!) just got a physical shop in Omaha and crafts the cutest dog goods for obsessed dog parents. I love her dog bandanas but especially love her dog parent apparel and accessories.
- Dognatti – This is a hidden gem I found a few years ago. Dognatti is an Etsy shop with signature dog silhouettes and sayings on doormats, apparel, home goods and more.
What are some things on your wish list this year? Comment below!! Happy Howl-idays furriends! WE LOVE YOU!
Hi, I’m Melanie! An enthusiastic dog mom with a love for travel (especially when it’s dog-friendly). I live in Northern California with my mini Australian Labradoodle, Ruby, and when we’re not traveling or exploring our new hometown, you can find us practicing tricks, hunting for a new brunch spot or binge-watching anything new to relax and recharge.